The Triple Trawler
Topic: The Triple Trawler Tragedy – this is a history topic which will focus on the disaster that struck the heart of Hull’s finishing community. We will look at the facts of what happened and why. We will then explore the history of the fishing industry and how it has changed over time and the influences it has had on the city of Hull past and present including the notorious Head Scarf Heroes.
Maths: Factions, decimals and percentages
Reading: Fluency, Retrieval, Inference, Context, Word Choice and Meaning
Writing: Blurb, Poetry, Newspaper report, Story, Descriptive writing
- Explore and complete a local study, gathering facts about the Triple Trawler Disaster
- Plot on a timeline the key events that took place during this time
- Explore the fish trail in Hull and pick a fish to sketch and find facts about it
- Research the Headscarf Heroes and create character profile on one of them
- Make your own headscarf that reflects the fishing industry and the heroes.
- Plot on a map the journey each boat would have taken on their last voyage
- Research the reasons behind why the fishing industry has rapidly declined in recent years
Please access the resources below if your child is isolating while waiting for a result. If your child needs to isolate, please inform the office and school will be in contact with you to provide details for home learning.